Monday, March 13, 2017

Daily Dose of BS March 13 drink specials

When I first moved to La Crosse in 1992 I was challenged to try to drink a beer at each of the bars on 3rd street.  I thought challenge accepted.  For the record I didn’t make it.  I don’t recall how many of the bars I hit before I quit but there used to be a lot of bars.  Fast forward 25 years and guess what there are still lot of bars downtown and plenty of them have the Thursday wristband special pay a few bucks and drink all night.  City Council member Bob Seaquist wants to do away with the specials that promote too much drinking.  Adding that you can go out and have a good time without getting blind, puking drunk.  He also said that binge drinking is a public health crisis in the upper Midwest.  The proposal suggests that anyone who has a license issued under this chapter of the La Crosse Municipal code, it should be unlawful to sell an unlimited number of drinks for a fixed price or an all you can drink basis.  Huh why not just say no more all you can drink specials.  How do you fell about no more drink specials?

No comments:

Post a Comment