Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Daily Dose of BS Sept 7 Jacob Wetterling

I don’t recall the date but I do remember the fall of 1989, I was dating my wife and we were planning our wedding, I had left a radio job in Mason City, Iowa to be closer to Marcia.  In the fall of 1989 I was working for a group home that my friends’ family owned, I had learned how to play cribbage and life was carefree.  I don’t remember the exact moment that I had heard that Jacob Wetterling had been abducted but I recall the images of Jacob being shown on the news, in the paper and all over the place.  The abduction happened within 60 miles from where I lived.  I recall the feeling of loss and truly feeling like I couldn’t do anything.  I have often thought of what happened to Jacob, I have interviewed his mother Patty a few times in my radio career and over the years had unfortunately forgotten about him, that is until this week.  The thoughts came flooding back with the recent discovery of his remains, the feelings of these poor parents and the thoughts of I hope that monster who did this burns in HELL.  

No comments:

Post a Comment