Friday, September 16, 2016

Daily Dose of BS Sept 16 5 second rule

I think that all of us have heard of the 5 second rule, it was a rule I have been living by for most of my life, from the very first time I heard it as a child at the Burger Chef in Roseville Minnesota when my Grandmothers burger fell on the floor and she actually ate it, to just this past weekend when my family and I were enjoying some family time on the back deck and some of the popcorn that my son was eating fell on the ground he proudly claimed the 5 second rule and picked it up.  New research shows that the 5 second rule isn’t really a thing that bacteria can instantaneously contaminate your food, and with 1 in 6 people in America getting sick due to food borne illnesses each and every year, I don’t think that it is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment