Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Daily Dose of BS Sept 6 trust

I took a break from reality over the past few days, spent 5 days and 4 nights at the family land, it is pretty rustic compared to city living, by rustic I mean no running water and no cable.  There is no shortage of things do there as I have better cell phone service there than I do in the city.  Which brings me to my break, I stepped away from Facebook for a few days and guess what it didn’t kill me, I didn’t go crazy and as a matter of fact I feel a little bit smarter for doing so.  When I turned my computer on this morning I had 87 notifications and a handful of messages to return and a few friend requests, all in all it was a good break.  On my way to the cabin I stopped in New Albin, Iowa at the Valley Ag to pick up a few things for my non-existent garden and wasn’t sure if I had enough cash to pay for all I needed, the guy behind the counter said that is ok, I can bill you.  HUH?  You don’t know me, I said, his response floored me, he said you look honest, I know you’ll pay.  What ever happened to this kind of trust and service?  BTW I did have enough cash to cover it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment