Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Daily Dose of BS Nov 26 tipping

I partook in one of my guilty pleasures yesterday and I guess didn’t tip enough.  Yesterday after work I went and had a pedicure.  I love them, not that I get them all the time but over  the past several years I have had on average 2 per year, my favorite part is the calf massage, if you have never had one I suggest getting one.  I tipped the woman who did my pedicure three bucks, a friend of mine yelled at me telling me that three bucks is less than the 20 percent that I leave for someone bringing my food and they didn’t have to touch those disgusting feet.  I responded they get paid for doing the job where does tipping stop?  Do I need to tip each and every person who does their job?  Aren’t the employers expected to pay at least minimum wage?  I get and know that food servers get a bit less but they make it up in tips, I didn’t think I need to supplement everyone’s wage; I don’t get tips for doing my job.   

No comments:

Post a Comment