Friday, November 7, 2014

Daily Dose of BS Nov 7 welfare

Want welfare pass a drug test, want food stamps pass a drug test, want unemployment pass a drug test.  Governor Scott Walker wants to make that law.  Guess what he isn’t the only one talking about it, twenty other states are talking about enacting drug testing for welfare, unemployment and food stamps.  I think this is something I can stand behind.  I look at it this way, you have money for the illegal drugs, right?  Why not use your money that you were going to be spending on the drugs for food, shelter and clothing?  I spend my money on those things, and my budget doesn’t leave enough money for me to use illegal drugs even if I wanted to.  Doesn’t a lot of this boil down to supply and demand?  Or even the basics that I learned in economics class back in high school, wants are unlimited and resources are scarce?  Meaning we budget for the things that we need, save for the things we want, and borrow for the luxuries.  

No comments:

Post a Comment