Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Daily Dose of BS August 6 South Side Library

Over 200 people packed the South Side Library to show our support for keeping the library open.  I only heard one person who spoke out against it.  I very much dislike getting up in front of a group, but I got up and asked what about the South Side?  What happens to the kids and community when this branch closes?  I felt myself getting emotional as I explained why I even looked at buying my house 19 years ago it was because of the library being there, information for the taking.  Our little South Side Library has charm, charisma, and is breathing of life.  Following the library meeting was the National Night Out get together and the neighborhood picnic that took place had many from the neighborhood enjoying each others company.  One of the proposed solutions for keeping our library open is have it open 2-6 every weekday, what about families who work a 9-5 how are they to enjoy what the library has to offer?  Also if this neighborhood library goes down to a part time library won’t this library and the whole library system take a hit as many great librarian candidates would want full time work and would look elsewhere?

No comments:

Post a Comment