Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Daily Dose of BS Aug 29 birthday

The more things change the more that they stay the same.  Today marks the beginning of my 47 year on earth.  I am now 46 years old, it has been 7 years since I smoked a cigarette, 19 years since I have become a father, 26 since I have been on my own and 28 since I have been in high school.  Age to me is a state of mind as when you are young you think that 40 is old and now I have many friends who are 50 and even 60 years old.  I saw the Beloit College mindset list, the list that shows what todays college freshmen have known as fact.  I was surprised by what these kids know as fact.  Students heading into their first year of college this year were generally born in 1996. Things that this group of college freshmen know  “Press pound” on the phone is now translated as “hit hashtag.”,  The water cooler is no longer the workplace social center; it’s the place to fill your water bottle. “Good feedback” means getting 30 likes on your last Facebook post in a single afternoon.  Their collection of U.S. quarters has always celebrated the individual states.  I don’t know if things are better or worse off now-a-days but I am interested to see what happens to the world in my next 46 years.  

No comments:

Post a Comment