Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Daily Dose of BS Aug 5 smoke detectors

I feel like the Grinch and no not because I am crabby, I feel like the Grinch because of the NOISE, NOISE, NOISE.  I fell asleep last night like always, off sawing z’s then it happened the unpredictable beep from the smoke detectors, the beep to tell you that you need a new battery, the beep that can’t be timed, so if you try to ignore it, you can’t.  Ignoring it can not be done, beep,  trust me I have tried and last night I gave it a good effort.  We have three smoke detectors relatively close in proximity because of where the rooms fall and the top of the stairs hallway, so imagine a half asleep groggy Bob, beep, trying to diagnose the problem while in bed, with no hope, pop on the glasses and proceed to stand under the one in the bedroom, beep, ok not that one, flip on the daughters light oops, woke her up, beep, not that one either, it has to be the hallway detector beep again while under it.  Off to find a chair or something to stand on in the middle of the night without having to downstairs, flip on a few other lights, wake up the rest of the family get a chair take out the battery and ahh quiet, back to sleep for Bob.  I wonder if the rest of the family got back to bed? 

No comments:

Post a Comment