Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Daily Dose of BS May 7 carpet

We had new carpet installed the other day in a bedroom, a hallway and the stairs. The installers had it set up like cable install saying that they would be there between 1 and 3. They split the difference they got there at 2. Tear out, clean up, install and clean they thought 2 to 3 hours, I thought great I have evening plans should be great. When I left the house at 6 for my evening plans they were still working, when I got home they at 9 they were just finishing up. Apparently there are 3 different businesses in play here, the carpet store, the measurer, and the installer. The measurer measured wrong causing the installer to seam my carpet in a few spots, it is in but there are seams in the carpet, seams that I didn’t want. Also I have about 15 yards of carpet that was left behind. My questions are should I get money back on the left over carpet, should the installers get paid more for working longer and harder should the measurer be fired and what if there was so much carpet left over what happed to the extra pad?

No comments:

Post a Comment