Monday, November 18, 2013

Daily Dose of BS Nov 18 sounds

If you live in La Crosse Wisconsin and were home on Friday night, did you hear the booms? What the heck where those? It is funny how different noises bring up different feelings isn’t it? When the Blue Angels were practicing through the area a few years ago the sounds of the planes flying over our community at first was kind of cool, but if you had to hear that noise all the time it would drive you nuts. During duck season if you live where the ducks are you are going to hear the pop of a shot gun. By a railroad track you will hear the hum of a train going down the track and occasionally you will hear the blowing of a horn. When I first moved to La Crosse I lived by a fire station, I got used to the lights and sirens and when I first bought my house I missed it. It is a funny thing about noise and sounds when they are first around they are shocking then they become just another part of life and just back ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment