Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Daily Dose of BS Nov 12 wasted food

I hate to waste. I took out a tube of hamburger yesterday afternoon and forgot it on the counter when I went to bed last night. Five pounds of burger wasted. Thank goodness that this doesn’t happen too often but I had planned on making chili for dinner this afternoon and was going to brown the burger and save some for a later day. I know I should have put the burger in the fridge to thaw but I really don’t like to wait. I guess when they say patience is a virtue there is a method to it. I also dislike when other food gets tossed because of improper putting away like bread, or fruits of veggies. I searched for food wasted on google and it says that about twenty five percent of our food budget is tossed away every year. For a family of six they say the average food bill per week is $291 so about 15 thousand dollars per year. Wasting about 4 grand per year on throw away. It just hurts to think that, that much is wasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment