Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Daily Dose of BS September 17 save our Library

Come on LaCrosse...We have lots of bars and new ones opening every year. We have 3 libraries in town, the Main, the North Side and the South Side branch, and you want to close the South Side library? Really? To save 160,000 dollars a year? I bought my house in that neighborhood because of that library. I am not sure what you are thinking. You close that library and you wreck the neighborhood. I will start looking for a new house, I bet others do as well. There are people in and out of that building everyday. Libraries are used differently now than when I was a kid, now the library is as a meeting place, a place to take a class, a safe sanctuary, a quiet place to escape the daily grind, a place to live and a place to learn. Oh yea you can get questions answered there, go online, read a book, a magazine or a newspaper, you can learn a new skill, or be read to. Do not close our library, if you are looking for a budget to cut, look else where.

No comments:

Post a Comment