Thursday, August 1, 2013

Daily Dose of BS July 30 tv

Old school tvs.  I remember when I was a kid and the tv broke.  My Dad called a tv repairman and he came to our house to fix the tv.  I even bought a tv that didn’t work when I was a kid at a rummage sale.  It cost me 7 dollars to fix it.  I remember that cause it was a $7.50 tv.  It needed a cord, it was black and white it didn’t have a remote and you had to turn the channels by hand.  Remember grabbing ahold of the knob and seeing if you could turn the channels all the way around with out letting go of it.  There was uhf and vhf and no cable….at least where I grew up in the twin cities.  (I think that is just what my parents told us so that way we didn’t have to get it…a whole other story that is.)  We had the networks abc, cbs, nbc and pbs….nothing more nothing less.  I think I like tv today as we graduated from vcrs and dvds to tivos and internet tv.  Where are we going to go from here?  Tv that beams to our phones?  Nevermind it is already here.

No comments:

Post a Comment