Thursday, February 7, 2013

Daily Dose of BS Feb 7 Postal Service


Did you know that the cost to mail a first class piece of mail is 46 cents?  I have almost a whole roll of 44 cent stamps I bought a bunch of 1 cent stamps to supplement them the last time that the price went up now I am going to have to put two 1 cent stamps on a letter, if the costs keep going up I won't have room for the address.  I am sure you heard last night or this morning the U.S. Postal Service announced plans to end Saturday mail delivery starting in August, It will be the biggest change in mail delivery since the post office ended twice-daily service in the 1950s.  “We are mothers and fathers. And sons and daughters. Who every day go about our lives with duty, honor and pride. And neither snow, nor rain, nor heat, nor gloom of night, nor the winds of change, nor a nation challenged, will stay us from the swift completion of our appointed rounds. Ever.”  I think doing away with mail on Saturdays and offering mail delivery Monday – Friday, will save the postal service.  I for one think I can do without the weekend mail delivery, and think about the money it would save us and the business of delivering mail.  I feel bad that it is a job cutting move but many businesses are doing with less people, I like that it will save us over 2 billion dollars.  Your thoughts?  


No comments:

Post a Comment