Monday, February 4, 2013

Daily Dose of BS Feb 4 broken leg


I almost made it 44 and a half years without a broken bone. On Friday I broke that streak.  I went out with a few buddies, it was snowing when I left, I stepped out the bar, walked down the ramp and landed on my hands and knees, after the quick look around to make sure no one was looking I got up, well I tried to get up thank goodness for the ramp rail and the garbage can right there, I was able to prop myself up, swear to myself and trek off to my car.  With each and every step the pain intensified, I thought I sprained it, so I was thinking buck up bucky and off to the car, I brushed it off started it up and went on my way.  When I got home out of the car up the back deck and off to my favorite chair.  The family wanted to see the ankle I was complaining about my son said I have never seen that color before.  Wrapped it with ace, watched some tv then went to bed, up the stairs with every painful step.  I tried to sleep but was up every 20 minutes or so with a throbbing leg, up Saturday morning, thank goodness the walk in is open at 6.  X-rayed then fit with an aircast and sent home to rest.  Just so you know it hurts like hell and I am horrible with crutches.  Plus how are you supposed to shower and sleep with this thing on? 

No comments:

Post a Comment