Friday, September 28, 2012

Daily Dose of BS Sept 28


After living in La Crosse since 1992 I have been around Oktoberfest for 20 years, participating in the parade many, many times over those years, watching it multiple times and always amazed at the amount of people who come out of the wood work to watch and cheer.  I drove the long way to work yesterday morning to see if there were people lined up on Copeland Park and there were, ok, I understand that the parade is fun and a party in its self but aren’t there things going on, such as life?  Do people take vacation to go stake their claim of park land or boulevard for a 5 hour parade?  I have never staked my claim to city property for parade watching, I am more of a floater.  On the years when I didn’t ride in the parade I would start in one area, and kind of party hop.  I hope that this years parade is more manageable in time than some of the years when it ended up being a 5 plus hour parade.  Here is to a safe, fun, trouble free Oktoberfest.  Gemütlichkeit, Ein Prosit and Old McDonald has a farm, ummm I mean EiEiEio…have a great fest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment