Friday, September 21, 2012

Daily Dose of BS Sept 21


After tomorrow 24 of the 50 states will have absentee ballots available.  Why?  We are 45 days away from November 6th 2012 I can see if we open it up for a week possibly two weeks before an election, and longer if you are in the service overseas, but why do we need 45 days before an election to open the vote?  I am a huge proponent of getting out to vote in fact I have said countless times in my life on the radio and elsewhere if you don’t vote you can't bitch.  (I’ve been called on the carpet for saying that also since this is America and we can bitch just to bitch ya know) but really why open the vote 45 days before an election?  I have been able to make it to my polling place every single time including primaries for at least the last 15 years and have voted in every single general election since I have been 18.  I even cut a trip early as so I could make it home for a primary election.  I am all for making it easy to cast our vote, maybe online voting, but for one how can we assure that there is no voter fraud when it is mailed out and also how can we make it tamperproof when allowing online voting?  What do you think are the best solutions? 

No comments:

Post a Comment