Monday, September 24, 2012

Daily Dose of BS Sept 24


I am 44 years old and still have to sit at the kids table.  This weekend we drove north to East Grand Forks for my Father in Laws 81st birthday, 8 hours in the car each way.  Gas prices suck there too, speed limit is a bit higher in Minnesota than Wisconsin, you can go 70 on the interstate, and in North Dakota you can go 75.  I drive a minivan, don’t feel to cool going 75.  Back to family time, my wife is the youngest of 6 and I am younger than her by 3 years so when I first fell into the family I was much younger than the rest of the group,  I remember rocking out my zubaz and had long hair and earrings.  My things have changed now no hair and no earrings but I still have my 25 year old zubaz.  The birthday party brought out the usual, everyone brings their A game best pot luck food, I bring my appetite and my smarty pants attitude, the sister inlaws were all sitting around talking about 31 bags ( much more fun at the kids table ), I overheard it that conversation and said 31 bags there are only 6 of you.  I guess I no longer wonder why I have to sit at the kids table.   

No comments:

Post a Comment