Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Daily Dose of BS Sept 26


They say that parents get stressed out with putting together a kids lunch before school.  Did your mom, or do you get stressed putting together the perfect lunch for jr?   Personally I look forward to the quest to putting together the best quote breakfast that I can, using building blocks of last nights supper, leftovers from the fridge from a day or two ago and possibility a dry good as well.    I do have a fridge when I get to work so if I have leftover meat or vegies and pasta I do have a place to store it before it gets reheated in the microwave.  I think my adventurous way with food began when I was a kid my mom was in a bridge club and when there was left overs we and by we I mean the kids my brothers and I always had creative ways of eating the leftovers, mom used to multi purpose the food, for example one time there was lots of leftover nacho cheese dip, that became a building block for sandwiches, add a few chips to it and you have a crunchy spicy lunch.  I bet if you ask the other Schmidt boys about the pancakes, they will say mom put syrup soaked pancakes on the bottom of a bowl and it got topped with chili when mom and dad went out for dinner that night.  So for that, my adventurous food creations and for the many other great memories I think you Mom.   

No comments:

Post a Comment