Friday, December 8, 2017

Daily Dose of BS Dec 8 cost of life

We had our first measurable snowfall earlier this week, pretty soon It will be that time of year again when kids will be out shoveling show.  When my kids were little and I helped them with their snow shoveling jobs, I expected them to spilt the money with me, I drove them there and they used my shovels.  I took some guff for that from some of my friends, they said your kids should get all that money.  I disagree, they should not.  I took the money that I made from them and used it for us to go somewhere special, we used it to go to Brewer Games, the fair and Wisconsin Dells.  Besides helping a bit with the cost, it showed the kids that things aren’t free and that you should save your money.  I have carried on this trait when the kids got cell phones, they pay for their own cells, and we spilt a family Spotify account.  I just got notice from Netflix that they are raising the prices of membership next year, I wonder if I should pass that cost on to the kids?  Your thoughts? 

No comments:

Post a Comment