Monday, December 4, 2017

Daily Dose of BS Dec 4 texting

It was 25 years ago yesterday that a big change came to your style of communications, I bet that you didn’t even know.  Twenty-five years ago yesterday was the invention of one of the biggest distractors out there, the reason for many car accidents and broken relationships, 25 years ago yesterday was the first text message.  I know that I was kicking and screaming and refused to use the technology for many years, my kids were using it and I was the typical radio guy and wanted to have conversation rather than text someone.  I will tell you what if the past 8 years or so that I have been texting I have sent thousands of texts and I will bet upwards of a hundred thousand texts.  It honestly is my preferred way of communicating when not face to face, it saves the hassle of picking up the phone for a quick answer, I know what time my kids are going to be home and I can verify an appointment and get a digital coupon for my favorite restaurant.  I like the time-saving element of it, and that if I am thinking about something I can do it now, in fact, sent a birthday text to my brother at 5 this morning, I will follow up with a call later but at least he knows I am thinking about him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment