Thursday, December 21, 2017

Daily Dose of BS Dec 21 top ten toys

It’s funny that the list of the 10 bestselling toys of all time are the toys that we grew up with.
10. Hot Wheels
9. Slinky
8. Lincoln Logs
7. Frisbee
6. Erector Set
5. Play-Doh
4. Lionel Trains
3. Barbie
2. Crayons
1. Yo-Yo

Nowhere on that list is there a hatchimal or fingerling or lol surprise I don’t see any electronics or drones, no games or tablets.  I see good old-fashioned toys that are meant to be played with and played with hard, with no worry of breaking.  I see ingenuity and creativity, I also see future careers built from these toys.  The one that I am surprised that isn’t on that list would be Lego and my favorite toy from when I was a kid, the GI Joe with real hair not the ones that came later with the molded plastic hair.  What was your favorite toy as a child? 

No comments:

Post a Comment