Monday, December 11, 2017

Daily Dose of BS Dec 11 Santa

So far this season I have played helper for man in the red suit a couple of times, tonight, at The Rotary Lights at Riverside Park, I will be helping again.  Last time I was at the Rotary lights it was 50 degrees and this elf felt the heat, today it will be a bit cooler, but still going to be in a heated shelter.  Once you put on the suit and become the legend if just for a few moments in life, your mind starts to wander, at least mine does, and the slight panic sets in, what if I get too hot, and what if while I am sitting here I have to go to the bathroom, what if a kid uses me as a bathroom, what happens if someone pulls my beard or worse yet my finger?  What should I do?  What if the people show up and call me a phony…. what if this or that or the other thing?  The best thing is to take a couple of deep breaths through the beard, exhale thru your mouth and let out a hardy HO, HO, HO.   So far this year all the kids that came by were on the nice list, and their parents confirmed it.  If you haven’t been down to the Rotary Lights yet, I would suggest you do…bring a food donation to help to stock the food shelves, and Have a Merry Christmas.  

No comments:

Post a Comment