Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Daily Dose of BS March 22 drugs

A couple of local police departments are looking at a new approach to the addiction problem.  The agencies in Campbell and Holmen are looking at a program that has had success in Massachusetts that helps an addict kick the habit, by offering treatment rather than jail time.  I am all for this, as we are seeing more people headed to court for possession of heroin and other drugs but only having them turned back to the streets.  I really think that something needs to be done and done sooner rather than later.  My wife and I have been going for walks lately and taking different routes to mix it up, we have been down just about every street and alley in our neighborhood in the past few weeks and there are lots of discarded syringes laying on the streets and alleys of La Crosse.  I have even seen them in a couple of the business parking lots.  With the amount of needles that have been handed out I guess I am not surprised that there are so many unattended needles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment