Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Daily Dose of BS Mar 9 lessons

Ever thought back to the lessons in life that you learned from your first job?  For me it was long ago, when I was in the Cub Scouts then the Boy Scouts we did a lot of volunteering at various places including the nursing home that was a block from my house.  That is where I landed my first real job as a maintenance guy.  I was rolling in the money making a decent wage of $4.25 an hour when all my friends were at minimum which was $3.35 an hour.  My have things changed.  You could almost add those two numbers together to reach minimum.  I think at that first job I learned how to work, I mean get my hands dirty and do the jobs I didn’t want to do.  I did learn that doing that wasn’t something I wanted to do for the rest of my life.  I do look fondly back at the memories, and experiences that I picked up at that gig and I am sure I use them to this day.  I was taught to give it my all, to think, and to get along with co-workers.  I am sure there were other lessons learned as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment