Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Daily Dose of BS Dec 2 names

In my 47 years of being on this earth we have seen a lot of changes from our cars, and houses to the things we buy and eat…heck about 15 years ago I would have never bought bottled water, now water is one of my favorite drinks.  I would have never thought I would be able to have a phone with me at all times let alone a computer in my pocket.  When facebook came into existence I avoided it like the plaque now I post on facebook everyday, It is kind of weird when I don’t.  The reason I bring this up is because I was thinking I don’t know any kid named Bob, when I was growing up there where about 15 of us in my class from Rob, to Robby, and Bob to Bobby and don’t forget about Robert.  I was born in 1968 and then the top names were Michael, David, John, James and Robert….for the boys and Lisa, Michelle, Kimberly, Jennifer and Melissa for the girls.  Number one for 2010 was Jackson for boys and Sophia for girls and Robert was no where in the top 50.  Michael or Lisa the top names from 1968 haven’t even broke the top 10 in this generation.  To see where your name ranks check out the Social Security Administrations website http://www.ssa.gov/oact/babynames/

No comments:

Post a Comment