Monday, December 7, 2015

Daily Dose of BS Dec 7 verted?

Introverted or extroverted that is the question.  I am not sure where I fall in the spectrum.  I like people but love my time alone.  Anyway I found an article that could help anyone with networking.  We all have Christmas parties and other family get togethers this time of the year and these tips can be helpful in any social instance.  Don’t label yourself. Some of the labels we assign to ourselves are holding us back. Let go of negative focus. Train your mind to stop focusing on a potential negative outcome.  Imagine the obstacles aren’t there. Most of the time, we tend to imagine the outcome as a worst case scenario.  Find the common ground. Preparation often eases anxiety.  Use self-fulfilling prophecies to your advantage. But what if you appear less nervous and warmer.  New behaviors are like new shoes. When you first wear a new pair of shoes, it’s bound to feel uncomfortable. But the more you break them in, the better you feel wearing them. It’s the same with new behaviors. I think that these ideas and a couple of egg nogs will help with the dreaded Holiday party.  

No comments:

Post a Comment