Monday, February 23, 2015

Daily Dose of BS Feb 23 safety

Does the 1982 Men Without Hats song Safety Dance come to mind after Al Shabaab calls for an attack on the Mall of America?  I am not making light of the fact that the Mall of America is being called out by name, but I really did start hearing the beat of that song when I first read about the called for act in Minnesota.  I wonder how many people take these threats seriously.  Did the call for violence or terrorism stop you from going to a mall over the weekend?  I was out by the mall yesterday and it didn’t seem as though in La Crosse that any less people worked their way to the mall.  Do we let threats dictate our lives?  I think if we are all vigilant and if we see something that seems off or odd that we say something and look out for each other that we will have that much more of a chance of being safe.  I hope that we don’t live our lives in fear over the ranting of one person or another or that we let someone words put a damper on our lives.  

No comments:

Post a Comment