Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Daily Dose of BS Feb 10 beer drinking

In Wisconsin we can take our kids to the bar and buy them a drink.  Now the land of 10,000 lakes want to offer the same service to their 18-20 year olds.  I always thought that the law that allowed a parent or guardian to take their kids to the bar to enjoy a cocktail was odd, that is until I had a beer with my son at my favorite watering hole.  Being able to drink a beer with your late teen child is like a rite of passage for them.  My Mom and Dad never allowed me to have a beer with them until I turned 21, I still remember that day, the day of my 21st birthday over 25 years ago having that first legal beer, I was at the Chanhassen Dinner Theater and my folks took me and my future wife out for dinner and a show, I don’t remember what show it was, or what I had for dinner but I do remember ordering my first beer with my parents.  I think that all adults aged 19 and older should be allowed to buy what they want.  They can fight in a war, live on their own, be treated as an adult, be married, do just about anything someone 21 and older can do, but they can’t go into a bar or legally buy alcohol. 

No comments:

Post a Comment