Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Daily Dose of BS Dec 3 girl scouts

Back when I was in Scouts I went door to door to sell first coupon books then popcorn.  I was one of the top sales people in my pack then troop I had a goal.  I really wanted this cool pocket knife and I worked for it.  Knocking on doors and ringing doorbells, it taught a skill, one that to this day I use daily.  Make eye contact and don’t mumble.  Getting in front of people helps to build confidence, and teaches you think on your feet, if not for learning those skills back in the 80’s I am not sure what I would be doing today.  I heard that the Girl Scouts are going to open up cookie sales to online selling, great but don’t expect me to buy any cookies from a website.  I don’t even buy from the sheet that is brought to work and put up with a note asking you to buy.  Want me to buy your cookies or popcorn come and sell me your stuff.  I buy from almost every kid that comes to the door unless my kids are selling the same item.  Getting the confidence built up is not a bad thing, but teaching kids that the easy way to go sell is online, that to me is a mistake.  

No comments:

Post a Comment