Thursday, December 18, 2014

Daily Dose of BS Dec 18 sony

I always thought that we are not to cave into the terrorists.  Isn’t this what Sony is now doing?  Word came down yesterday after the big movie chains backed out of showing the movie “The Interview”.  What I don’t understand is why they even used a real dictator name when making this movie, I think that just asks for problems.  Former presidential candidate Mitt Romney has suggested that Sony release the film online for free with a voluntary contribution to help to fight Ebola.  Did Sony do the right thing by caving to the terrorists?  I don’t think so, but if my back were against the wall like theirs would I do the same thing?  I don’t know.   Circling back to my first thought about not caving in, isn’t any strong negotiation for a raise or a new car kind of a smaller attack on a business?   And once we give in there have we lost? 

No comments:

Post a Comment