Thursday, December 18, 2014

Daily Dose of BS Dec 17 life too short

I was reminded yesterday that life is short. I think that all too often we take people for granted and just assume that they will be around as long as you need them. If you have experienced loss, you know that this is not the case, we lose friends and loved ones far too fast. I was saddened when I found out my neighbor for the past 19 years Mike Michael E Hansen Artie had passed, it opened my eyes as we have kids the exact same age, we live in the same neighborhood, we are close in age and we talked when we ran into each other at different events, around the neighborhood, and at school, and lended a helping hand when needed. I couldn’t imagine what his family is going through, the kids, Michelle Cooper-Hansen, Mike’s extended family. He was far too young to die. This unfortunate death makes you think, that we need to embrace those around us and really let them know how we feel. It also reminds me to live life, not to put off till tomorrow what I can do today, to experience all that is around and to enjoy those around me. In case I don’t get the chance to say it, thanks for being in my life. Now go live yours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment