Monday, December 8, 2014

Daily Dose of BS Dec 8 travel

I read a story over the weekend about most disappointing travel destinations.  I was shocked that Los Angeles was on the list as was the pyramids, according to the story you can see the pyramids from a fast food restaurant.  I guess when I have gone on vacation I have an idea in mind of where I would like to go, and really don’t have much in expectations because when you set them up in your head you most often are disappointed.  A few years ago, my wife and I decided to take a trip to visit our friends in Nebraska, on the way we stopped at all the places we drove by every time we traveled through South Dakota, we had stopped at Mt Rushmore a few times when traveling back between Nebraska and Minnesota but never stopped at Wall Drug or the Badlands, there was also the Corn Palace and other drive by spots.  We hit many of them on that trip and honestly didn’t have much expectations going in and wasn’t too disappointed in the Corn Palace or Wall Drug, they are just as expected tourist places.  The Badlands on the other hand I could have spent a week there.  Have you ever had the disappointing trip that you looked forward to? 

No comments:

Post a Comment