Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Daily Dose of BS Dec 2 spices

I just read this morning that spices last for about a year if left whole and about 6 months if grounded up. I will bet that your cupboard is full of out dated spices. I know that mine is. I get a wild hair a few times a year and buy a new spice mix an use it a few times then off to another flavor. I was making chili the other day and noticed that the spice cabinet is getting a bit full with this blend and that blend I did end up using the last of my cumin for the chili. I posted on facebook the other day about what I like putting in my chili as a garnish I like fritos, a little cheese and fresh cut onions. I was surprised at the variety of other toppings that people liked some of what I found weird but want to try are avocado, cinnamon, blue cheese, chipotle and bacon. I also like to add noodles on the last day with a few cut up hot dogs, I think my mom used to do that when I was a kid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment