Friday, March 7, 2014

Daily Dose of BS March 7 tv

I used to have the first tv that my dad had as a kid, he lugged it around from place to place till he settled down, we had it as a basement tv. When it finally died my brothers and I took out the tv and just used the cherry wood box for a chest. This old tv was a piece of furniture, a family heirloom. I remember changing the channel having to click thru each and every channel and back in those days there were only 4 channels, fast forward 35 years and tv’s are throwaways when was the last time you used a fixit person for anything? Most of the society today is throwaway, from tv’s to beds, to washers and dryers to –the sky is the limit. That is almost everything, the remote control is the one thing when it stops working we go into a panic, we don’t know what to do, we look at it, we push all the buttons, we take off the back, we roll the batteries in the back if that works we are relieved, if not we take the batteries out, switch sides then try again if that doesn’t work we replace the batteries. Thank goodness for batteries right, cause I don’t think I could go back to changing the channel by getting up and going to the tv to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment