Friday, March 28, 2014

Daily Dose of BS March 28 emerald ash borer

I grew up in the Twin Cities and remember when Dutch Elm hit that area and the landscapes of the older neighborhoods changed. May 22, 2011 the landscape of the South Side of La Crosse changed when the tornado ripped through the area. Now in 2014 we are seeing the landscape of most of La Crosse County changing again because of the cutting down of the Ash tree. I was thinking that my drives through the city looked different and I wrote it off to the snow then the melting of snow then it was reviled what I have been missing once the snow melted a bit more and exposed the stumps of the hundreds of Ash trees that have been cut down in hopes of eradicating the Emerald Ash Borer. It saddens me to see all these trees gone, our lovely canopy of leaves will for a long time be missing from the city streets.

No comments:

Post a Comment