Monday, October 21, 2013

Daily Dose of BS Oct 21 soup

Making soup is different now than it was even a few years ago. I turned on my heat on Friday night the first time this year, my house was cold. I kind of do heat like I do the crock pot, I set it and forget it. I usually put the heat at 68 or 69 degrees and let it sit there. About 12 years ago we insulated the house, got new windows and got a new more efficient furnace. At the same time we cut our heating bills in half. Yesterday I was glad the heat was on, after spending the morning and afternoon putting in a garage door, I was cold. The kids wanted soup, since it was so cold I did as well. Back when I first started cooking it was open a can of campbells add water cook. I then learned how to cook, I made the broth, added the meat and veggies, it was a labor of love, and it showed. The soup was delicious. Fast forward to about 3 years ago when the dried soups came into vogue, now homemade taste is just a few minutes away. Last night I made the chicken wild rice soup mix but then I added leftover chicken, rice and veggies. You still can’t beat homemade soup but adding to the mix is better than canned.

No comments:

Post a Comment