Monday, July 22, 2013

Daily Dose of BS July 22 bad motel stay

I believe that things happen for a reason.  Think of most of the things that have happened in your life and look at the eventual outcome.  I think that things happen for a reason.  On my vacation that I just got back from I needed a room and I needed it quick so I booked a hotel room on a travel website, boy was the family disappointed.  It started when the cottage that we were staying in couldn’t accommodate us for a 3rd night, they worked to find us a room and couldn’t get one for us.  We found one a few towns away it was the only room left in town according to the site.  We took it, it had the stench of smoke, a few cigarette burns on one of the bed spreads and an air conditioner that was plugged into one of the brown non grounded extension cords, an a dirty towel hanging on the back of the bathroom door.  We thought we could overlook all of the above since we were doing outdoor things we would just stay outside until it was time for bed, we did, we hiked and fished and had great family time.  Got back to the room and my daughter moved a pillow on the bed and a bug scurried away.  I took the key to the inn keeper and asked for my money back, he refused.  We left anyway.  Worst motel experience I have ever had.  We ended up staying in Hayward that night over an hour away from where we started, still a great vacation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment