Monday, August 15, 2011

Daily Dose of BS August 15th


When I first moved to LaCrosse I was surprised by the fact that there is something going on almost every weekend.  This past weekend no different, I attended my first Irishfest, in past years I was out of town on vacation or had something else going on.  This year I made it and was intrigued and entertained.   My kids and I really liked watching the Highlander Games.  Watching both men and women compete with the hammer throw, the weight throw, weight over the bar and the caber toss, I mean where else can you see athletes tossing a telephone pole?  Watching these games while enjoying a Guinness outside, it just doesn’t get much better, up next weekend, Kornfest…not the band but a celebration of Corn in Holmen.   We’ll see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment