Friday, August 12, 2011

Daily Dose of BS August 12


Don’t know if you heard this or not but Newie’s North Star and Newie’s Varsity Club are up for sale.  I was shocked when I heard this; I am guessing if you ever enjoyed the surroundings of either of these places you too are shocked.  The reason for them moving is that the Neumeisters, the owners of the two bars for sale wanted to put a new up scale sports bar in the old City Wear location downtown, and the city planning commission voted against getting them a liquor license.   When I first moved to LaCrosse downtown was in the Guinness Book of World Records for the most bars per capitia.  I know that we are no longer record holders in that category but, there are still plenty of bars on 3rd and 4th Streets.  I don’t understand why they won’t allow one more bar run by guys who know how to run and manage a bar.  I think if you are ticked off about this, you need to talk to your city council member and find out where they stand in this issue and do something about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment