Monday, July 17, 2017

Daily Dose of BS July 17 when to retire

The rock and roll lifestyle took its toll in one of the two classic rockers I had the experience of seeing over the weekend.  On Friday I headed to Oshkosh, Wisconsin for Rock USA featuring Ozzy Osborne, and I was pumped to see him as it was the first concert I had ever seen back when Motley Crue opened for him in the early 80’s.  Fast forward to last Friday, life has taken its toll, he was out of it and I am pretty sure he didn’t know where he was.  There were times that I believe he forgot the words to his own songs.  Flip the calendar to last Saturday and Freedomfest at UWL, I got to see the artist who guided me through my teenaged years, John Fogerty rocked, and I mean rocked Veterans Memorial Stadium, there wasn’t a butt on the seat during his 90+ minute concert, covering most of the great CCR songs that we loved and a couple of the classic Fogerty tunes.  I am glad I had the chance to see Ozzy again but I believe he should retire and I really loved seeing John Fogerty.  How was your weekend?  

No comments:

Post a Comment