Monday, July 10, 2017

Daily Dose of BS July 10 tipping

You’ve heard the saying “Tipping is not just a city in China.”  Guess what it really isn’t.  There is no city in China called Tipping.  I have been called frugal at times, by more than one person.  I like to hang on to my money and there is nothing wrong with that.  I do however tip well (at least 20% for a meal, not as much for just beers), I get embarrassed when I go out with someone and I offer to pick up the check and they offer to leave the tip and they don’t tip well, leaving only 10% or so.  I guess if you are getting good service and service with a smile, drinks topped off, and the little glimpse into the life of the person serving you, it’s gotta be worth something, right.  I have been out with people that pull the tip card out of their wallet to figure out the tip.  How hard is it to figure out a tip?  Move the decimal point over to the left one, if you have a $23.45 bill and you want to leave a 10% tip it is $2.35, a 20% tip is $4.70, the ten percent tip doubled, and for a 15% tip spilt the difference.  Not rocket science, its rent, a car payment, groceries, etc.   BTW a new study shows that men, Republicans, and residents of the northeast are the best tippers.  How good a tipper are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment