Thursday, July 27, 2017

Daily dose of BS July 27 transgender

I have to admit I was kind of shocked when I heard the tweet storm from the President yesterday regarding the ban on transgendered people from being in the military.  His 3 tweets said this “After consultation with my Generals and military experts, please be advised that the United States Government will not accept or allow ... Transgender individuals to serve in any capacity in the U.S. Military. Our military must be focused on decisive and overwhelming ... victory and cannot be burdened with the tremendous medical costs and disruption that transgender in the military would entail. Thank you,” his decision reverses a decision from former President Obama and caught the Pentagon off guard.  I wonder what happens to the already enlisted men and women in our military that are struggling with their identity.  I read one report that one soldier felt fired.  The Pentagon hasn’t released data on how many transgender troops there are, however the Human Rights Campaign says the military the “largest employer of transgender people in America.”

No comments:

Post a Comment