Friday, July 7, 2017

Daily Dose of BS July 7 stores closing

Yesterday my daughter and I spent the afternoon together she needed to get a few things for her room and for her bike and I drive.  It started off rough, but soon was filled with laughter and some good-natured ribbing.  We went to a handful of stores to get the stuff we needed and stopped by two that had some pretty bare shelves.  Kmart, we know is closing, and Gordy’s grocery.  Let’s start with Kmart, if they had as many people working there when they were open, they wouldn’t be closing.  I saw more employees and more shoppers in that store than I have ever have I think, I don’t get why when a store is closing that the prices get jacked up only to be discounted and people flock to the shelves like flies on let’s say Schmidt.  The other store is Gordy’s.  I have heard some rumors about this store and wanted to see myself, the shelves were bare, the beer coolers were empty and the frozen food coolers were vacant.  I asked at the checkout if they were closing, the lady responded we are on a budget, and that they have 2 years left on their lease.  I am on a budget and I have food on my shelves at home.  Anyway, was a great afternoon with my daughter, we laughed, we had fun but most importantly we spent time together.  

No comments:

Post a Comment