Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Daily Dose of BS October 18

I am holding out, I have not turned on the heat yet for the fall. This morning I was contemplating it…but took a hot shower to warm up instead. When is the right time to turn the heat on? In the Trib this morning they had a couple of stories about tuning up your furnace, they also wrote about the importance of changing your filters and also the cost savings of using a programmable thermostat. I have been using one of these for a few years now and I do see the difference. We reinsulated our house when we did a remodel about 10 years ago. We added about 50% size to our house, added a new furnace, insulated a lot and our bills were less than they were prior to the remodel. I also keep my heat low only 64 most of the time, I figure if you want to be warm, wear your slippers and a blanket.

No comments:

Post a Comment