Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Daily Dose of BS October 11

Today is national face your fear day. At work today I got the flu shot. I was wondering if anyone I work with has the fear of shots…so far doesn’t seem like it. I got mine bright and early and as always no pain. Unfortunately this year they didn’t bring fun cool band aids, but they did say they have cool snoopy ones for the kids. I have always been intrigued when getting a shot, whether getting a shot or giving blood I always watch as the shot giver or phlebotomist poked my arm. I have asked a few others about this and about half said they like to watch too. The nurses who gave the shot suggest that we all get protected from influenza with the shot, she also said the CDC suggests that everyone over 6 months get the shot that protects you from 3 strains of the influenza virus. And kids under 18 get theirs for free to find out more about getting your flu shot give the county heath department a call at 608-785-9723 or friend them on facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/La-Crosse-County-Government-Public-Health-Nursing/203689379691493 you won’t be sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment