Monday, October 10, 2011

Daily Dose of BS October 10


I wasn’t raised in a family that hunts and fishes, my friends have helped me to discover the joys of that.  That being said this past weekend in Wisconsin was Youth Hunt…no its not open season on kids.  The DNR opened last weekend up for hunters between 10-15 get a jump on the old timers.  I sat in the woods with my middle son Zak, we saw two deer sneaking through the woods on Saturday afternoon, we waited and didn’t see them again until we had unloaded, and were headed to the truck to pack up our gear to head back to the Byington farm.  There in the middle of the road about 20 yards from the truck was a good sized doe standing broadside.  My son was bummed; I just laughed and used it as a life lesson.  If you are not into hunting or fishing, I would suggest you learn so that you can spend some quality time with your kids….and your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment