Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Daily Dose of BS June 15


Fathers day is coming on Sunday.  As a Dad I am looking forward to what my kids will say or do on this day.  I remember when I was as kid that I was always bugged by the fact that my Mom and my Dad had their own special day and as a kid I only had my birthday, Christmas, Easter, the tooth fairy, Saturdays and Sundays, the last day of school, when Grandma and Grandpa would come over and just about every  other present getting day that was out there, their a wasn’t kids day.  I remember it like it was yesterday when my Dad said everyday is kids day …. at the time I didn’t realize that he was right.  We tend to give our kids a lot, and that is ok, as long as it is not too much.  This coming Sunday if your Dad is around, I suggest that you take a few minutes out of the day to either stop by and see him or give him a call, and if you haven’t spoke to him in years, look him up and say hi.  I am lucky I have a great Dad, sure there are times that we disagree with each other but we love each other and it is one of my most cherished relationships that I have.  For you Dad, enjoy your day, and remember I love you….Happy Fathers Day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment