Thursday, May 19, 2011

Daily Dose of BS May 19

I have been called on the carpet for doing this in the past, and was thinking about it yesterday, and thought I would share it with you.  A couple of winters ago my kids picked up a shoveling job, as the Dad they have asked me for a ride to do the job.  I obliged and in turn helped them to shovel.  I charged them ½ of what they made for the job.  I have also made them buy their own shovels and chip in for gas if they are using my mower.  I talked about this on the air a few years ago and many listeners came to my side.  The split of people were overwhelming tilted to my side.  The reason I bring this up this time of year is that with summer on the horizon and kids getting their first mowing jobs, as a parent if your kids are using your equipment, to charge them so that way they know that there is a cost to doing business.  You could always save that money for them for a rainy day, or when they ask for money (and you know they will) what do you think?  Hit me up with your thoughts bob@wlxr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment